Frontiers in Bone Research – the official journal of the BRS
We are pleased to announce that the Bone Research Society (BRS) has now signed an agreement with Frontiers in Bone Research (a specialty section of Frontiers in Endocrinology) to act as the Society's official journal. The Chief Editor is Professor Jon Tobias (Bristol). You can find the journal here.
Frontiers in Bone Research (FiBR) was established at the beginning of 2012. The Frontiers family of online journals offers a unique, open-access publishing model, with interactive peer-review, advanced impact metrics and a revolutionary tier-climbing system; authors of papers with the greatest numbers of views and downloads are subsequently invited to write reviews intended to reach a wider audience. Submitted articles may be in one of several categories (please see below). Suggestions for Research Topics (comprising a collection of review and original articles on a particular theme) are also warmly welcomed.
BRS members will benefit from substantial subsidies towards the cost of publication in FiBR. The discounted publication costs, which are available until the end of 2013 to corresponding authors who are BRS members of at least one year's standing, are summarised below.
Here are the new fees in cases where the corresponding author is a member of BRS:
- Mini Review Article, Perspective Article 425€
- Original Research Article, Clinical Case Study, Hypothesis and Theory Article, Method Article, Review Article (when Regular Submission) 1030€
- Original Research Article, Clinical Case Study, Hypothesis and Theory Article, Method Article, Review Article (when Regular Submission and Associate Editor) 900€
- Original Research Article, Clinical Case Study, Hypothesis and Theory Article, Method Article, Review Article (Research Topic Submission) 390€
- Editorial, Book Review, General Commentary, Opinion Article FREE
We look forward to seeing the journal grow, and welcome your contributions.
President, Bone Research Society